The Latex to LSC Compiler
This page explains how to write Contextul LSCs (Con-LSC) in Latex, compile them into PlayGo LSC instances, and finally execute them.
In nutshell, these are the required steps:
- Download the PlayGo Environment.
- Add Latex Con-LSCs to LSC.tex.
- Execute the Latex2PlayGo compiler.
- Import the compiled file in PlayGo and execute it.
The PlayGo Environment
First you need to download (here) a PlayGo version that includes a template project and the Latex2PlayGo compiler.
After extracting the zip file you will find the following directory structure (the structure includes only directories relevant to this tutorial). Directories are marked with (D) and files with (F):
Executin playgo.exe will start PlayGo.
PlayGo homepage - more information and tutorials.
The Latex Con-LSC Language
Our group has developed a dedicated Latex package for easily creating diagrams with a simple textual notation, and presenting them graphically.
The package, called pgf-playgo-lsc, is built upon the pgf and pgf-uml packages. The package imlements only part of the PlayGo LSC idioms. The complete list of the supported idoms in Latex Con-LSC is given in the Latex Con-LSC package.
- T. Tantau and C. Feuersnger, “pgf—Create PostScript and PDF graphics in TEX,” Version 3.01a, 08 2015. [Online]. Available: https://www.ctan.org/pkg/pgf
- X. Yuan, “pgf-umlsd—Draw UML Sequence Diagrams“